Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring is sprung?

If the calendar hadn't told me it was Spring, I never would have believed it. The snow is deeper than I've ever seen it and it looks as if we are all still in the dead of winter. Yuck! Everyone I talk to is tired of all this. The Winter colds and illnesses are hanging on and some that were over are making a strong comeback. I am tired of shoveling the same areas and the same amounts of snow, over and over. But on the bright side, there aren't any biting insects flying around making beelines for me.

Every morning I hear birds signing tentatively and even see some. I miss seeing green grass and early flowers. I miss the buds on the trees and the warmer breezes and the telltale smell that Spring is here.
I think about people who have never seen snow and whose climates are warm year round. Possibly they envy us! Sure they do.

Just like Mongo Adventurer, I'm fed up with this month.
Come on Spring; the real Spring.
I'm ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home