Sunday, May 25, 2008

Reaching out and touching somebody

Last night ranks way up there as one of the great nights! We went to see kd lang and after her fabulous performance I got to shake her hand. Sitting in the front row of the theatre was an absolute thrill for me. I am now totally spoiled for any concert! Each time she stood in front of me I had to resist the urge to reach out and touch her. And I mean really resist.

I have been a fan since I first saw her in a wedding dress accepting an award. I was hooked. At one time she had a fan club that I joined and stayed with for many years. I try not to miss her appearances on tv and if she's coming to my city, I'm at her concert. I feel like a teenager with a huge crush.

Her voice can only be described as magnificent. Last night on stage when I saw her barefoot, I had the song Barefoot running through my head for a split second. Be still my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home